4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Calculating percentages (Excel 2003)

Hi folks....I need help with some 'percentages' formulae. I want to compare who (between myself and a subtrade) has the better 'track record' when it comes to estimating time for job completion. I am attaching a sample of a spreadsheet that I want to use.....in it, I would enter the job number etc etc; also, my time estimate and the times estimate from the subcontractor....I then enter actual completion time. It will calculate the time difference etc...along the bottom, I need formulae in the boxes above "Percentage of accurate time estimates" that will show how frequently each of us are able to best-estimate the required job-completion-time ...see attached sample.....any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Calculating percentages (Excel 2003)

What exactly do you want to count? The number of times your estimate is nearer the actual time than that of the subtrade, or the number of times your estimate equals the actual time?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans....actually, I was only thinking of "number of times my estimate is nearer the actual time than that of the subtrade", but also counting the second part (the number of times your estimate equals the actual time) would also be helpful in terms of my own 'estimating accuracy'...so, if you have formulae for both, that would be great...thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

OK, see attached version. It contains formulas for both.
    Attached Files Attached Files