2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Validation Text not appearing (2003 SP2)

On a form I have two text box controls that have Validation Rule and Validation Text entries. When I make an entry that violates the Rule the Text fails to appear. I am certain that the entry I have made in the text box fails the rule because I can't move the insertion point off of the control. In the same .mdb I have similar forms with similar text boxes with virtually the same Validation Rules and Validation Text entries that work as expected. Is there a form-level property that may be preventing the Validation Text from appearing on my problem form?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Validation Text not appearing (2003 SP2)

I don't think we can answer this without seeing (a stripped down copy of) the database.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'll have to get back to this later, it will take quite a while to strip down, remove hyperlinks, and remove proprietary data.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Before you do so:
    1) Do you have a Before Update event procedure for the controls that sets the Cancel argument to True if the value is incorrect?
    2) Do you have an event procedure for the On Error event of the form that sets the Response argument to acDataErrContinue?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

1) No
    2) Yes. I commented out the Response = acDataErrContinue and the Validation Text now appears. I hooked up the Error event in order to provide custom error messages for duplicate situations and null values in some other fields. I guess I'll have to rework these messages some way.

Thank you very much for the tips; it would have taken me quite a while to look in those directions.