New Lounger
    Thanks

Business Conact Database Times Out (Outlook 2007)

Hi There!

The business contact manager for Outlook 2007 times out almost every time I launch outlook. Does anyone know what might cause the database to be lost or unable to open?

Thanks for your help!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: Business Conact Database Times Out (Outlook 2007)

Is the database stored locally or on a network? Can you provide a screenshot of the exact error message?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Business Conact Database Times Out (Outlook 20

Large screenshor cropped by HansV (unfortunately, the message boxes were this small in the original)

I have attached a screen print of the error message that I receive. The database is installed on my laptop, not a server. In fact, my pc is never installed on a server. I have not been able to use the business contact manager yet because it is never clear when it will open.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator
    Thanks

You say 'times out almost every time Outlook opens'. Does this mean it works sometimes? If so, what else do you ahve running when it fails? Have you moved the database on your PC?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi there!

I'm sorry I haven't been giving you clearer answers to your questions. Outlook is generally the first thing that I open right after I boot up the computer. So, unless the anti-virus (e-trust), this pc also has Prevx1 running. I have not moved the database. It is still exactly where it was installed when I loaded Office 2007. And yes, there are some occasions when it Outlook opens without issues and that is generally after the laptop has been on for a while after initial start up. So, I am thinking there is a process related to the start up, but I honestly do not know what that could be. So, any help you offer is appreciated. I will try and do a better job getting more details. Thanks! Shane

Administrator
    Thanks

Initial startup of any PC but especially a notebook is a long process. There are many things being started behinhd the scenes. Since it seems to initialize properly when you wait a bit I'd guess that SQL Server is not fully initialized when you try to start Outlook. You can see what gets started when you boot the PC by downloading AutoRuns for Windows v8.61. You should probably just make it a practice to wait a couple of minutes after the desktop appears to start Outlook.

Joe
    Joe