2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

FrontPage Migration (FrontPage 2002)

I have FrontPage 2002 loaded on an XP machine, but am migrating everything to a new Vista machine. When I try to load the CD onto the new machine I get an error message telling me Setup failed to find a valid qualifying product on my machine. This is a FrontPage 2002 CD right out of the original box with product key and all. I don't think this was an upgrade although I've been using it for several years and frankly don't remember. I've ordered a copy of MS Expression but don't know if this will load if FrontPage isn't in place. Any suggestions???

Thanks

Re: FrontPage Migration (FrontPage 2002)

If setup is asking you for a "qualifying product", then your copy must be an "upgrade" version. Do you have any other Office CD's? I believe that you can use any Office 97 or Office 2000 cd as your qualifying product. Expression Web will install without FrontPage.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Oh to be young enough to still remember things! I went looking for an Office 97 product and found - tada! FrontPage 97. So I'll go ahead and load it, then load v2002 over it as the upgrade. I swear I did not remember upgrading that thing. Thanks much for the info, and the memory jog.

Thanks

You don't have to load '97. When setup asks you for the qualifying product, simply remove the 2002 CD, insert the '97 CD and point setup to your cd drive. When it verifies the '97 CD, then replace the 2002 CD to continue installing.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions