3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Movie Maker (Vista Home Premium)

Can anyone tell me what is the point of the "Project" in Movie Maker? I have tried saving an unfinished video as a Project so I can work with it at another time and when I open up again, I only see big, red Xs where the video clips should be. There must be a purpose for offering to save a file as a project, but it surely isn't working for me!
    Barbara<div align='center'></div>

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Movie Maker (Vista Home Premium)

See How to use Windows Movie Maker 2 - Windows Movie Maker Tutorials.

The red Xs might be an indication that the files that make up your project (video and sound clips) are no longer in the place where Movie Maker expects them to be.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Movie Maker (Vista Home Premium)

Thank you, Hans. I also thought that was the meaning of the red Xs. I mistakenly thought I was saving my imported videos in the Collection folders created by MovieMaker. Guess I'll have to start making a folder initially and importing video from my DVD into that.

I looked for info on the Web but didn't find anything as terrific as the site you recommended. It is very, very good and I can't wait to go through the entire series.

Thanks again. At least, I understand why the Project file wasn't working for me.
    Barbara<div align='center'></div>