Star Lounger
    Thanks

Print reverts Mailmerge view (2000/SP3)

I have a Mailmerge document containing numerous mailmerge fields. Normal functionality lets one toggle between seeing merge field data vs merge field names. I can print the doc showing the field data until I save the document and restore the document to a normal Word document. After that, the doc looks good in the sense that the field data is showing, but when I Print, Word reverts back to showing the old field names from when it was a mailmerge doc and prints showing the field names instead of the field data. In order to get the field data back, I have to make the doc a mailmerge form letter and point to the data file again. I have not been able to figure out how to save the showing the field data, as a normal Word doc, without the darn thing reverting back to field names when I print.

Any help in a direction to investigate would be very much appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Print reverts Mailmerge view (2000/SP3)

When a document is printed, all fields are updated by default. In general, this is a good thing.

When you make a mail merge document into a normal document, the merge fields may still show their values, but updating them will cause them to show

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Print reverts Mailmerge view (2000/SP3)

Doh!! After running for years with "Update Fields" turned off, I had to turn it on to get a new date calculation to run/print properly... back to the drawing board.

Thanks for help!