2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Email RTF (2000-SR1)

If sending email through a form in Access that opens an Outlook session, with Access 2007, the form (email content) can be entered using rich-text, if I understand correctly. Will my email be sent and received in that rich text format? What would I need to know/do to make that work?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Email RTF (2000-SR1)

The output will be saved as an .rtf file (a format compatible with Microsoft Word) and sent with the e-mail as an attachment. The attachment will be identical to the result of selecting File | Export... and choosing .rtf format.

I would never e-mail (or print) a form. I always use a report for that. And I would send it in shapshot or in PDF format, for export to .rtf is one of the weaker features of Access.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I should have given more info...I am using the code from "Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 318881" for emailing from a form. I compose the message in a text box. The Outlook session is then created and the message is sent just as text. I'm wondering if using this same process and composing the message in rich text format in the text box, using Access 2007, if the message would then be sent and received properly by others?
    Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It's confusing that you mention 2000 in the subject and 2007 in the question itself...
    No, the Body property of objOutlookMsg is just a text string, without any formatting. As far as I can tell, Microsoft hasn't added support for RTF format to the VBA object model in Outlook 2007 - see MailItem Object Members (Outlook 2007 Developer Reference).