4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Looking for 'My Places' (Win XP; SP2)

When I want to save docs or email attachments, I am presented with the SAVE AS dialogue box; it shows "My Recent Docs", "My Documents" etc etc on the left side of the dialogue box.....I know how to add a new folder to the left side of the box but where can I find the "My Places" folder that contains these 'places' so that I can edit it further ? Thanks.

Thanks

Re: Looking for 'My Places' (Win XP; SP2)

I located that folder in the "My Documents" folder but I don't remember if I created that folder or if it was a default folder.
    If you want to create it, then open WE>My Documents, create a new folder and name it My Places.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Mark...it seems to exist already, but I can't find it.....if I want to save an email attachment, I click SAVE ATTACHMENTS; when the SAVE AS box opens, on the top right I can click TOOLS and I can see 'Add to My Places'......I am looking for the spot where this resides so that I can edit the list of 'places' shown down the left hand side of the SAVE AS dialogue box.....any other ideas? Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The entries in the My Places bar are not stored in a folder, but in the Windows Registry. You can use RegEdit (built into Windows) or TweakUI XP (a free utility from Microsoft) to edit them. See Edit the Places bar locations in Open/Save As boxes.

Microsoft Office programs have their own version of the My Places bar - see How to customize the My Places bar in both the Open and the Save As dialog boxes in Office.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Hans.....have a good weekend