2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Task Reminder (Project 2003)

In Outlook you can setup a meeting. Also, by default (15 min.) before the meeting it reminds you that you have to go to the meeting. Is there a way in Project that it automatically reminds you that the task has to be completed by a certain date? I would like it to remind me.

Thanks

Re: Task Reminder (Project 2003)

You can create a view or report that finds tasks ending or starting within so many days from the current date, but you would still need to run that manually. Let me see what I can find out.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

Thanks

You could use VBA to talk to Outlook, however, that may be a little more complicated because first you would need to create the code and then have to trigger it to run such as when the project opens or you run a macro. In summary, you would need project to create an instance of outlook. Then spool through the project tasks and find tasks that meet your requirements (i.e., ending soon - however you define that). For each task you would need to send an email or create one report that contains all the tasks to send. Of course, you would need to define who would receive the email as well.

Personally, I find it easier to just run a report. I am sure there is a "canned" report that is for tasks ending soon. If you still want to pursue this, try the microsoft knowledgebase. They may have a good example you can use as a starting point.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

Thanks

Try this link. It is a different way of approaching the problem.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/...0549761033.aspx
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)