3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

windows media player (current release)

A while back - don't remember exactly when - I was having wmp release 11 problems. I used the search facility in the lounge and found a posting by kaplinb recommending K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 1.67. I installed and everything worked great - it changed my file associations to Media Player Classic, which was fine - no more problems.

Recently - last week - I updated to firefox 2.0.

This morning I tried to view a wmp(wmv??) file and got a dialog box saying I needed to install windows media player 11 - I said OK and it installed ( I was running Agent at the time).

I use CNN as my home page for ff and later this am I tried to view a video on ff - skin loads and then nothing happens. I switched over to IE 6 or 7 whatever is current and tried again - video ran with no problems and it used the newly installed windows media player.

This made me curious and I looked at the file associations and everything was changed to wmp rather than media player classic.

Not sure what forced the reinstall of wmp and changed all of the file associations, but I can no longer run videos under ff.

I don't know whether this is a firefox problem, a firefox 2 problem, a winxp problem, or a windows media player problem.

The Media Player Classic was running fine but nothing is associated with it now.

I don't know whether reassociating media player classic with the video file types will allow ff to show videos again or not.

Has anyone else had this problem or am I making a mountain out of a molehill?

Thanks in advance

Tom

Thanks

Re: windows media player (current release)

Tom,
    I don't use FF but I think I would just try to re-associate the files back to MP11.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: windows media player (current release)

Everything is associated with mp 11