Thanks

Slide master (Powerpoint 2007)

HOW do you copy a slide master from another presentation and paste it into a new presentation???? Or alternatively, how do I at least save a slide master as a template that I can open and paste slides into???? I need to get the background graphics copied also.

I swear I've wasted over an hour of time trying to figure out how to do this! The Powerpoint help is useless.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Slide master (Powerpoint 2007)

Morning

As a stopgap measure why don't you 'Save As' this will keep the master and you change or delete the slides, I have never saved anything as a template but I will go and have a play

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

In the new presentation, select Design.
    In the Themes selection, click the dropdown menu button
    Click Browse for Themes...
    You should be able to select the presentation with the slide master you want to import.

To save as a template:
    Click the Office button, then select Save As, Other Formats. Select PowerPoint Template (*.potx) as file type.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have many templates that I saved from my computer when I bought a new Vista computer. I also had trouble finding and using them, even though they had been saved as templates and uploaded into Microsoft's template folder. Then, I began saving them as Themes and now I can easily view them. Try that. Open your template, choose the Design tab, click on the Themes More button, at the bottom of the window, choose Save Current Theme.

Works for me!
    Barbara<div align='center'></div>