Thread: Clipart (XP)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Clipart (XP)

Insert clipart - try to delete it - bottom of screen says "delete block - no/yes) arrow keys won't move to select either - if I change screen layout to "reading" I can delete the clip art - no other mode. If I have a blank clipart box and right-click on it I get text instead of a picture.

What's up with this?

Thanks again

Aunt Linda

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Clipart (XP)

The "Delete block no/yes" means that you have turned on WordPerfect compatibility. Select Tools | Options..., activate the General tab and clear the two check boxes that mention WordPerfect ("Help for WordPerfect users" and "Navigation keys for WordPerfect users").

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi, Hans. I am AuntLinda's sister. Thank you for the reply to the Delete Block. It worked. However, I am still having a problem with a computer that when you try to insert a clip art, a blank box appears. When I try to edit it and click on show picture, it just gives me words (I don't remember what words). Can you help me with this? Thanks a million!!!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you, Hans. I read that my sister sent you a reply post and asked the other question so I'll just say 'bye and thank you again!

Aunt Linda

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Hello vangae,

A belated welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Select Tools | Options..., activate the View tab and make sure that the 'Picture placeholders' check box is clear.

If that doesn't help, there might be a problem with the graphics filters, or with your graphics card.