Thread: Weird (2007)

Thanks

Weird (2007)

I recently rebuilt WinXP SP2 and reinstalled Office 2007.

I am experiencing something strange in Outlook. When I get new messages in my Inbox, I see the count of messages next to the folder name. However, the messages will not appear in the message list UNTIL I click away to another folder and then back to the Inbox. Has anyone seen this or know how to fix it?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Weird (2007)

I get something similar with outlook 2003. The window shows no list of emails in the inbox, until I click on the inbox icon, then they turn visible. This sometimes happens after a send / receive event, with new mail downloaded but not showing. It started doing this recently, perhaps my beloved IT dept. did some 'upgrade'? Or is Microsoft patching without prior notice?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Since my last message, I have found that the reason for my problem is that the move from using imap to pop3 created a new inbox, but my preferences still point to the imap inbox. Updating the prefs. to point to the correct folder solved the problem. The pref is deep inside outlook, at tools>options>other>advanced, then choose the item from 'startup in this folder' browser. I don't know if you have the same problem, but it worked for me.

Thanks

"The pref is deep inside outlook, at tools>options>other>advanced, then choose the item from 'startup in this folder' browser."

The option you point to is not at this location.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

It is in my Outlook 2007. At the very top of Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options. You can then use the browse button to select another folder.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks

Yes, I was looking at the checkboxes there, so I missed it. Mine points at Inbox right now, so that isn't the problem solution for me. Thanks anyway..