Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Reply fails (2007 under XP Pro SR2)

Outlook appears to work well for me under XP, and I can send and receive with no problem. I have at least one email, however, to which I cannot reply. The usual messages say that everything is going in and out as it should on all accounts, but there is a reply stuck in my Outbox that stays put.

I realize this may have nothing to do with Outlook but with the message itself, but I would welcome any comment.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: Reply fails (2007 under XP Pro SR2)

You don't get any send/receive error? Are you sending through Exchange? Have you tried reconstructing the reply?

Joe
    Joe

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

I do get send/receive errors which are apparently tied to invalid RSS feeds, which I'm not used to dealing with yet. I'm definitely not using Exchange, and my several computers aren't properly networked (yet). I normally only use one for email, but I did try it on a different computer without success.

I would welcome an explanation of 'reconstructing the reply'. The workaround is to send a new email person to person, but I would like to know if it's a problem with the program, and in this case machine to machine really would be more efficient.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

I just meant go back to the original e-mail, press reply, and either type (or copy/paste) your reply.

Joe
    Joe

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

It did occur to me that it might be Permissions in Outlook, or else my firewall, but neither of those appears to be the source of the problem (yet).