5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Print Access report from shortcut? (Any)

I'd like to create a shortcut on users' desktops that would print a specific report, without any additional access to a database. The database is on a server, the report's query criteria require no user interaction. Any tips?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Print Access report from shortcut? (Any)

The computer will still need to open the database to get the print but it can all be automated.
    Create a macro that prints the report and then quits access. When this is working, have a look at the online help for 'Startup command-line options'. This will explain how to create a shortcut that opens the database and runs the macro.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Print Access report from shortcut? (Any)

Thanks for the pointer, a few hours ago I actually just made a form that on open printed the report, then closed access. I dragged the form onto the desktop, thus creating a shortcut, so sort of a hodgepodge of what you said and what I did...thanks for looking at this though [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]