2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Multiselect problem (Access 2000)

In the OnOpen event of my repot i want to add a a select case with which i put captions of the control LblDestination depending on the option in the form.However i cannot do it for each separate customer. In the form i can select the customer, but after that i want to add the destination and of course the destination of the first customer may be different for the second.I cannot do it in the report. I get the error saying thar Access does not has this function.
    becasue the databse is rather complicated, i am sending the attachement whrere the error can be seen.
    Could you help me ?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Multiselect problem (Access 2000)

1) You have a line

Private Function Branching() As String

in the report module without a corresponding

End Function

This makes the code invalid.

2) You have forgotten the = in several lines. For example

Me!LblDestination.Caption " audit"

should be

Me!LblDestination.Caption = "audit"

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for the reply and please do apologize me for the mistake.I have corrected it.Now when i select the first option and the first client, and then the second option and the second client, the report shows the two clients but they all have the second option which is ' checkup". How can i solve this problem. What i want is to choose for each customer separately the destination, i.e. the option.In my example the first customer should have a destination "visit" and the seocnd customer a destination " checkup"

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The database you attached appears to be corrupt. I can open it, but Access crashes after a few seconds. Compact and Repair doesn't work.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I am sending a new database and hope it will work

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

No, still the same problem.

However, it is impossible to do what you want with the form you have. If you click an option button, it applies to all selected customers. "Now when i select the first option and the first client, and then the second option and the second client" doesn't work - the form doesn't remember the order in which you select items, it only looks at what is selected when you click the report button.

If you want to allow a different choice for each customer, you'll have to add a field to the customer table in which the user can enter the choice. Instead of a label on the report, you'd use a text box bound to this extra field.