3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How to add XP to boot loader

I plan to install Freespire 1.0.13 on a PATA drive while my XP drive is disconnected internally (a SATA drive). I'm doing this because I don't want Freespire to mess with the SATA drive at all. So I'm going to need to add XP as an option to the boot loader menu. How do I do this?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: How to add XP to boot loader

I don't know if you need to disconnect the SATA drive to do this. As you had discussed in another thread in the XP board, you could reassign for the time being, the default boot device in the BIOS to your PATA drive.

Many linux distros, including Freespire I believe, will auto detect, and setup your boot menu to allow dual booting with other OSes.

If you do need to add the XP option manually, the Linspire (commercial version of Freespire) has this in the knowledge base. It will be very much similar to this.
    Christopher Baldrey

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: How to add XP to boot loader

Thanks for the info, Chris. I guess the reason I want to install Freespire without the SATA drive connected is because I also have another PATA drive with Ubuntu installed on it. I'm not sure how its boot loader would mesh with the Freespire boot loader. The Ubuntu boot loader is loaded only on the PATA drive, which is nice and is what I thought would happen when I installed Freespire on the other PATA drive. Thus I was surprised when I found that it had messed with my SATA drive when it installed the boot loader. I was surprised and disappointed, actually.