New Lounger
    Thanks

Automatic Text (Word 2003)

I want to have a list of items appear on every new page I create in a document without have to retype it a 100 times. For example I need the following on every page:

Title:
    Author:
    Page count:
    Publisher:

I need the list to appear whenever I create a new page and I need to be able to enter information beside each heading. And I don't want to cut and paste. Can this be done?

Thanks

Re: Automatic Text (Word 2003)

I think you will need to do some custom wiring...

You could create an AutoText entry that consists of a page break followed by your standard text. Let's say you name it np for newpage. Type np and press F3, and presto you have the new page withh the four items pre-inserted.

Let's say you prefer a key combination. If you're already pressing Ctrl+Enter to create a page break, why not just a different combination? You could write a macro to insert np and then associate that key combination with the macro.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

You could also insert this information into the header/footer and it would appear on every new page created.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

But that would make it less convenient to enter information beside each heading. And you'd have to insert a section break and turn off 'Same as previous' for the header each time you wanted to be able to enter different text beside the headings.