Lounger
    Thanks

Move e-mails from one folder to another in Outlook (Outlook2003 SP1

Is it possible to make a script to move e-mails older than 3 weeks from a folder in Inbox to another folder (also in the Inbox)? Outlook2003 SP1/Exchange 2003 SP2

The routine is that all incoming e-mails are copied to folders based on title. Every day after the e-mails have been copied the Inbox will be emptied. Three weeks after receiving an e-mail, the message will be moved from the folder beneath the Inbox to another folder (named xxx-Archive).

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Move e-mails from one folder to another in Outlook (Outlook2003 SP1

Although not quite what you asked, have you considered using AutoArchive? You can specifiy general AutoArchive settings in the Other tab of Tools | Options, and specific settings for each Outlook folder in the AutoArchive tab of the Properties of the folder.
    Outlook will run AutoArchive automatically from time to time, and you can also start it manually.
    The main difference from your request is that AutoArchive moves items to a different .pst file.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for your quick response.

Yes, we have considered Auto Archive, but we don't use PST-files in our company. And we would like this Mailbox to be automatic, not accessed by any users. As far as I know a user must log on to the Mailbox to activate the Auto Archiving, isn't that so?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, AutoArchive won't run fully automatically.

I think you're looking for a server-side script solution. I'm afraid I don't know anything about that; I hope that someone else will be able to help you.