3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Looking for Crystal Reports Help (Crystal Reports)

I know that theres no Crystal Reports section at Woody's Lounge but I'm posting thiss anyway simply because these boards have always been the best for getting good (and pleasant) help. No cocky coders and especially no brat hackers.

I've soured the Business Objects site, using their KB/Help, but it just doesn't seem to be useful; at least not for me or what I need. So I'm hoping that some of the more seasoned vets on these boards might have some suggestions for me even if its just where else to go on the net for good Crystal reports help.

The current issue is I have a client using Crystal Reports 9 (version 10 is an option but no higher then 10) who needs the ability to load images into the report at run-time that are stored in file shares and not in an actual DB.

I've spent the past 5 hours (not exeageratinig about that either) looking around for answers to this. From what i have found the deal is that Crystal Reports doesn't allow for dynamically loading filees at run-time until Crystal version 11. I did find 1 work-a-round : Use SQL Server's BCP program to load image into table in DB just prior to executing rpt file and pass image in to the rpt file with data set as BLOB data.

What I'm looking for here is to see if anyone knows how to do this in Crystal Reports (the report designer product and not the RDC VB/VC plugin) design environment or if anyone knows of some good Crystal Reports sites other then BusinessObjects.com.

Thanks
    Ed

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Looking for Crystal Reports Help (Crystal Reports)

Hi Ed... found this site which looks like it might do the trick for you! http://www.andreavb.com/forum/viewtopic_4396.html

Enjoy... trish