3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Watermark (Excel 2003)

Hi,

It seems that you cant do watermarks in Excel like you can in Word and Ive been reading a few posts that provide some work arounds, however, I need to amend the attached, which to me, does actually appear to be a watermark in Excel !! And I havent a clue how to amend it to say something else or to amend the size.

Any help will be grately appreciated.

Regards.
    Lee
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Watermark (Excel 2003)

Thus is not really a watermark (unless I'm missing something). The background color for the cells in some of the rows has been set to a solid color in the Pattern tab of Format | Cells...

Thanks

no you didnt miss anything Hans you still even in '07 cant do a watermark in Excel. You can mimic one though by using different methods.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the response Hans, although I dont really follow Im afraid.

I went to Format|Cells, expecting to see something to change from 'Page 1'/'Page 2', but there wasnt anything there. Sorry to be a pain, but how can I amend what seems to be watermarks ?

Many thanks.
    Lee

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Oh that - you're in Page Break view. That is not a real watermark, it only shows you where the page breaks will be, and what will be page 1 etc. when printed. The text "Page 1" will not be printed!
    Select View | Normal to hide the page numbers.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Excellent, thanks Hans.......that makes sense now, in light of excel not having a watermark.

Best Regards.
    Lee

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Atached is a Word document which will allow to insert a 'watermark' in Excel. You have to play around with it to get the 'watermark' exactly where you want, but it does work.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It works, but since the drawing layer is always in front of the cells, clicking on the text of the WordArt object will select the object instead of the cell behind it. This is a rather annoying side-effect.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by kiazd on 23-Mar-07 21:38. To add attachment of code)</P>You are quite right. However, I wouldn't enter the watermark until after I have completed entering data.

It is easy enough to create a macro to insert the watermark after the you have completed entering data.

Creating a macro to be able to toggle it off is causing me a few more difficulties. Each time the macro runs it creates a new WordArt object. Therefore, I am having problems creating a macro which will recognize the version of the WordArt object.

Still a work in progress. Actually I had completely forgotten about this project until I saw the forum.

Here is a simple macro to insert the confidential watermark after entering data. I am sure that it can be approved upon and simplified. Just haven't had time lately. The second bit of code allows the user to toggle between having the watermark show or not.