bredatelco

need template wizard w/ data tracking help (Excel 97 SR 2)

Is there any way to use the template wizard to insert data from a form template into a SPECIFIC cell in a spreadsheet? Or is there a way to do this outside of the template wizard? Thanks in advance

Kevin

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: need template wizard w/ data tracking help (Excel 97 SR 2)

It is certainly possible to create a template that will display a form when the template is used to create a new workbook. The data entered in that form can then be put into cells in the workbook. Is that what you are trying to do?
    Legare Coleman

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can't you just highlight the area on the spreadsheet and make sure you include your column headings. Then go under Data on the toolbar and select Form. This should return a form with your headings and it will put the inputted data into the cells corresponding to the headings. Hopefully I understood your question.

bredatelco

yes, but when i do this, template wizard automatically creates the workbook that it is using as the database, and it arbitrarily places the data into the workbook in the order that i selected it in my form. it does not give me the option to place the data into SPECIFIC cells in the database/workbook. This is what I need to figure out how to get around

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, I misunderstood exactly what you were doing. I thought you wanted to create your own template and have it display a user form and then store the data entered into the workbook. I have never used the template wizard that you are talking about and I don't know how it works. If you create your own template manually, you can write VBA code to display a user form and move any data entered anywhere you want it.
    Legare Coleman