New Lounger
    Thanks

minimizing documents (Word 2003 Professional)

I'm trying to figure out how to minimize documents WITHIN Word2003 in the upper-right corner. (NOT minimize WORD itself...that's an obvious no-brainer). There's minimize, restore, and close buttons for the Word program but just below it, only a close button for documents...See picture below to see what it looks like.

Word help says to hit ctrl + F9 but that instead creats brackets!

I need to be able to do this so I can see multiple documents on my screen at once within Word. I'm not really crazy about the Split feature. Please help. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: minimizing documents (Word 2003 Professional)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

If you have turned on "Windows in Taskbar" in the View tab of Tools | Options... (this it the default setting), each document will have its own application window, so you can only minimize the application window.

If you want to be able to minimize a document within the Word application window, you must clear the "Windows in Taskbar" check box. But this will also mean that you see only one Microsoft Word button in the taskbar, irrespective of the number of open documents. It's your choice...

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: minimizing documents (Word 2003 Professional)

Fixed! The single word button in the taskbar wont be a problem. Thanks for your help Hans!