New Lounger
    Thanks

Finding a certain format (word2003)

Hi,
    Here is my problem:
    I have a word document that i need to replicate bit by bit, I can't just save it under a new name.
    This original document has in the "styles and formatting" box a format that is among other things: font 1pt; indent left:-1cm right -1cm.
    If I click on the arrow on the right it says "select all seven instances" - which i have done.
    But I CAN'T SEE ANY INSTANCE!
    I tried zooming the page (500% is max), I have tried changing the font size, making it purple (I did come up with a sign like a steering wheel, which is partly hidden - I have many "steering wheels" by the way , whenever a line ends without a paragraph sign I have one ) but I can't find all 7 instances. How should I solve this problem please?
    Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Finding a certain format (word2003)

When I had a similar issue it was because the Style had been applied to some single spaces in the text. These can be very difficult to see.

You could try (on a copy of your document) replacing each character formatted in this style with a more recognisable text string, for example 18pt, Violet, ZZZ.

StuartR
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif x.gif (14.2 KB, 0 views)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks,
    That didn't help though.
    Word tells me it made 0 replacements.
    Personally, but of course I'm not an expert in word, I think this whole document is full of mistakes.
    I try to delete saved formats and some of them I can't. I try to find instances and some of them won't show up (not just this one)
    Word shows me that the document is FULL of inconsistencies.
    Any thoughts on this? Why would I not be able to delete a saved format?
    This document was made to teach me to work in word, and when I finish creating the clone I should send both back.
    If the document has errors I want to be sure of it when I tell the people who made it about them. Any suggestions?
    Thanks again.

Thanks

I'm not sure about steering wheels, but perhaps it is an end-of-cell marker in a table? If you are not viewing table gridlines, then it might be difficult to distinguish those from other types of paragraphs. I believe in Word 2003 this is on the Table menu.