Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Opinions on Web Host Spam Filtering

I've decided to migrate my domain to a new host after months of dealing with gobs of spam. Since this was the largest deciding factor, whomever I move to needs to keep my inbox relatively clean. I generally use webmail, so the problem has to be mitigated at the source.

To wit, I've investigated 1&1 and so far am very impressed. Anyone use this company as their host - and more pertinent, how is the email filtering? If no experience with 1&1, how is your experience with your current provider?
    -Mark

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Opinions on Web Host Spam Filtering

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by DaveA on 29-Mar-07 03:29. changed image)</P>I have been using 1and1 now for about 2 years. The web host has been very solid, always up.

I do not use their webmail much, as I am a Outlook user in XP and Windows Mail in Vista. The spam options have been updated see attachment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Dave. I'm ready to jump ship, after three days of read-only access to my shared server and loss of some of the files. It's pretty obvious to me as an (ex) IT guy that they had a major hardware failure and restored the machine from a backup that was a few days old. That was just the final straw, though. The spam is ridiculous. Downside of having your own domain(s) I guess. My current host has some form of spam filtering, but all it does is mark the subject line, and precious few messages at that. I like the look of 1&1's spam interface, I don't even have access to that currently - I've been told that it's not user configurable and doesn't need to be. Taking my domains to another company will make more of a statement than complaining to their sales and support staff!
    -Mark

Super Moderator
    Thanks

When I moved my site, I did NOT really move it. I started clean with new layout and all. The switch over took about 2 days for the domain index to catch up, that is when I rebuilt the site, so it was ready when I got to loading the new files.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.