Thanks

Too Many e-mails (Outlook '07)

As Imentioned earlier in another forum, I am part of a group putting together our upcoming class reunion. This morning I did a Reply to All, and my ZA, politely informed me that both my Outlook was over the send limit, and that my ChoiceMail One was over the send limit. I allowed both. I was able to find that setting and uped the ante in ChoiceMail t0 150 but I can't find that in Outlook. A search on Microsoft showed how to in Exchange Server ,but nothing else that I could find. Google wasn't much help either.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Too Many e-mails (Outlook '07)

To my knowledge there's no built in maximum recipients in native Outlook, and I'm not a ZA user, so you are either up against a ZA maximum, or the number of recipients made the message size too large. Did you check ZA's website for issues, or Google the problem?

One workaround is to BCC everybody (set yourself only on the "TO:" line), does that work? If not, you may have to mail-merge to your recipient list, using the Tools, Mail Merge wizard from the Contacts window.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Thanks

Thanks John
    I looked at my ZA Security Suite and I set it to 150 as well. That setting and the ChoiceMail settings were the culprit then. I should have posted back sooner that I had reset ZA as well. I didn't think that there was anything resident to Outlook either.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

It is more likely to be your ISP than anything else.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

John, I assume that the problem was caused by the ZA fire wall. Do you know if there is a similar limit with the XP firewall. A co-worker is experiencing the same problem. He cannot send emails to distribution list with more than 100 clients. I have searched Google and could not find an answer.

My other suggestion was to try to find if his ISP may have a limit on the number of emails one can send at one time in order to make it more difficult for anyone to spam.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The Windows Internet Firewall doesn't limit the number of e-mails you can send (as far as I know). But most ISPs do impose a limit, both to prevent spamming and to conserve bandwidth.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Comcast has a "Floating" limit that changes daily. The numbers will NOT be released as this is to stop or slow down the spammers.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks

My problem was caused by two programs that I run. The first was indeed ZA, and the second was ChoiceMail One, which is my spam filter. Both were set to only allow 50 outgoing.
    I did check with Comcast even though they are not my ISP, they do provide the pipe for me to go out to my ISP.

Edited: The reason I asked originally was because the first warning I received from ZA said Outlook, and the second clearly said ChoiceMail.
    The ZA program didn't say anything about it being set lower than I needed.
    Thanks John