3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Multimedia-Flash (Vista Home Premium)

Hi folks: One question after another with this new Vista. Can't seem to show multimedia shows that require Flash. I've "activated" Flash 9 apparently; at least it says it's installed after I click download. But no multimedia (such as Magnum in Motion). Iget the feeling I should do something with Security, but exactly what to do which is still "safe" is beyond me. Help please.

Thanks
    kdoc

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Multimedia-Flash (Vista Home Premium)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I find no such folder in Vista: (no ....system32Macromedia.) And doing a search I did not find the first of those files (Macromedia, of course, is now owned by Adobe, but no folder Adobe under System32 either. WKhat's even worse, when I do a search for these two files under the start button search location, it puts my system to sleep for about 10 seconds!!! (even after I turn off Sleep under Personalize, Power Save)!!! What's that all about?

kdoc

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't have Vista, so someone else will have to tell you how to view the contents of the Windows folder - I suspect it's hidden from you by default, but I have no way to check that.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans; I understand you don't have Vista. But that's not the problem: I can view the Windows folders: there's simply not that folder there!

kdoc

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you don't have a folder named C:WindowsSystem32MacromedFlash it seems unlikely that Macromedia Flash has actually been installed.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

That may well be (although when I try and install, it says that it has been installed). But in any event the problem remains--Flash won't work and/or won't install in Vista.

kdoc

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you have a failed installation of Flash, you may have to remove all traces before trying to install anew. But I don't know what this would involve in Windows Vista.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

(Edited by HansV to make URLs clickable - see <!help=19>Help 19<!/help>)

Nice going Hans: you got it. You need to uninstall: Go here: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase...cfm?id=tn_14157 download uninstall_flash_player.exe, run it and then install via : http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/do...mp;promoid=BIOX. Also once it is install properly there is a ...system32MacromedFlash folder and it does have the uninstall exe in it--but before running the uninstall, that couldn't be found and one couldn't simply install.

Thanks

kdoc