Thread: Formulas (2003)

Lounger
    Thanks

Formulas (2003)

Hello everyone & Happy Spring!

I am trying to add a formula in my excel spreadsheet that checks dates to ensure they are logical in a particular business process that I have. In my attachment, I would like to insert a formula which tells me if visit start dates are equal to or after visit end dates, if the submitted dates are equal to or after visit start dates, or if the visit start date is equal to or before the submitted date. The result can be shown in as a negative number, or just some type of indicator where I can look down the list and easily identify those rows which do not fit the criteria. The purpose is to ensure that someone is not submitting a document before the start date of that task, because it is illogical to have completed a document before the actual start date of that task (I hope this makes sense). Your help is really appreciated! :-)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Formulas (2003)

Does the attached do what you want? To se how it is done, select one of the cells and then click on "Conditional formatting" in the Format menu.
    Legare Coleman

Lounger
    Thanks

Hi there! Thanks for sending this. Actually, I was hoping to note it somehow in the appropriate columns. For example, if the formula result was that the submitted date was before the visit start date, I would like to see some type of value in the column so that I can easily spot those that fall into that category. Is it possible to calculate, say, number of days that the value was before the visit start date?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

See the attached version. I didn't put anything in column F, since the result would be the same as column E: if the submitted date is equal to or after the visit start date, the visit start date is by definition equal to or before the submitted date.

Lounger
    Thanks

That's it! That's what I was looking for! Thanks to you both for your quick assistance!! :-)