3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Insert worksheet clears clipboard (XL2000 SR1)

I often try new procedures on part of an existing worksheet using copy, then pasting into a new sheet. If I use select/copy, then add a new worksheet, the clipboard is cleared when the new worksheet is added, so I have to go back and copy the selection again. Is it possible to add a new worksheet without clearing the clipboard? (If you use select/copy then add a new workbook the clipboard is not cleared)

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Insert worksheet clears clipboard (XL2000 SR1)

Excel's implementation of the clipboard is very non-standard, and in many cases is a real PITA. Unfortunately, when you copy something to Excel's clipboard, doing almost anything else in the same workbook will clear the clipboard. I do not know of any way around this.
    Legare Coleman

New Lounger
    Thanks

A nifty and inexpensive clipboard enhancement called Clipmate will keep your material available to the clipboard, even through a shutdown. It's at www .thornsoft.com

Ken Barclay

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks kb. I had clipmate on my old computer, hadn't moved it over. I thought one of the Lounge VB genii may see a workaround for the problem.
    There are several clipboard extenders, search the Software Finds forum under Smartboard, Clipmate, Yankee Clipper.