4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Email Delays on New Computers (Outlook 2003)

Up until February we'd been an all W2K/Outlook 2000 workstation office for about six years. Our server is mail server is W2003/Exchange 2003. Then in late February we started the replacement of workstations with new ones running WXP/Outlook 2003. Immediately we noticed a delivery delay of internal email on the new computers. For example, picture our staff working in a cubicle village in the middle of each floor. One user sends an email to two users across the floor. You hear the "you have email" ding on the W2K/Outlook 2000 machine a minute or more before you hear the ding on the WXP/Outlook 2003 machine. As more computers were replaced, the delay is about the same now as when I started the swap out. I can't tell if this extends to delivery of outside email. Is this an Outlook 2003 issue? Exchange 2003? Windows XP? I'm not sure where to start or if I have the right forum for this question. Anyone else heard of this? Know where I should look to find an answer? Thank you.
    Daisy

Thanks

Re: Email Delays on New Computers (Outlook 2003)

Is the scheduled Send/Receive time the same? (In Outlook 2003, you can access this using Ctrl+Alt+S)

If so, it might be a difference caused by Cached Exchange Mode. I haven't studied the details...

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Email Delays on New Computers (Outlook 2003)

Sure enough, the new machines use Cached Exchange Mode. Oh, what fun new computers can be. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Some days I feel like I've been spun around blindfolded swinging at a pinata for answers.
    Daisy