3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Auto Link Update (2002 SP3)

I have a document that is about 300 pages long that is linked to various Excel Workbooks (basically a budget document) and have to create a new one every year. I basically copy the entire folder structure every year and simply make sure I update the year on the folder (Example: xxxxxxDepartmentBudget2006-07..... would change to xxxxxxDepartmentBudget2007-08.....

Every year, I have to redo the links because of the re-naming issue even though all the workbooks and documents retain the same name. Is there any way within my main document to automatically update the file path on the links so that the year will change across the board so I don't have to do this?

Thanks.
    Pooja

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Re: Auto Link Update (2002 SP3)

Hi Pooja,

Have you tried my Field Link Updater in <post#=261488>post 261488</post#>?

Alternatively, if the source and target files are always in the same folder, the macro in <post#=575338>post 575338</post#> will do it automatically for you.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Auto Link Update (2002 SP3)

Thank you for both links. I tried both but the various Excel files are scattered in a bunch of folders and neither option seemed to work for me. That's okay, you've given me a couple of ideas on how to organize the document better!

Thanks much.
    Pooja