2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Relationships and Deletion (2003)

Hi.

I've got a couple of issues that are to do with the "relationship" between two Tables. We use a Subdatasheet on a Daily file to reference against previouse entries on another database. (and yes we are using tables rather than Forms). Once the Daily File is complete we back it up append it etc and then we can reference it the next day in the file via the subdatasheet. The only problem is I also need to export a Table across a Network (we need to reference it elsewhere aswell) and replace a table that has relationships and it will not automaticly Delete and Replace (with an ExportDatabase Macro command) without deleting its relationships. Is there any way round this. The perfect scenario would be to append accross the network but I can't work that one out. I'll leave the other relationship Query for Later. May have to get back to you tomorrow if you reply.

TX

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Relationships and Deletion (2003)

Is the network you mention a LAN (local area network)? If so, you may not have to export the table - you could link the table in the other database (using File | Get External Data | Link Tables). That way, the table physically resides in one database, but it can be used in another database too.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Interesting Thought.......
    I'm a bit of a traditionalist and like Independent resources (one goes down the rest keep running), dunno why, but unless anyone else has a suggestion, I may pursue that. The only problem is the Tables got over 60,000 records and is growing about 3000 a week so searching and sorting across the network could be a bit slow. Anyway I'll have a play with it and see what happens.

Thanks. Excellent Advice as Always.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

If properly indexed, then 60,000 records really shouldn't be much of a problem.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.