Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Embedded attached pictures (6.0)

Is there some setting in OE that would cause an attached picture to also be displayed in the message text area as if it were embedded? I've had this happen at the computer lab at our local senior center, and I'm unaware of any setting in compose or read that would cause this. Maybe I'm missing something, or there is a security setting I don't know about.
    Also, I notice that in some cases the attachment "paper clip" symbol appears in the inbox, but there is no attachment!

Thanks

Re: Embedded attached pictures (6.0)

What format are the email messages in? HTML, Rich Text or Plain Text?
    How are the pictures being attached? Insert Picture, or Insert File Attachment?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Embedded attached pictures (6.0)

I believe that they all use HTML and the pictures were attached, not inserted. These were all practice messages sent during Outlook Express lessons where students exchanged messages between computers in the computer lab, and It is possiblel that someone sent them with the pictures both attached and embedded.However, I need to research this a bit more to be sure what's going on. I'll get to the Senior Center on Monday and check it out more carefully.