3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

randon number (2003)

Hello Everyone,

I got a question regarding the attached spreadsheet. I need to create a formula in column D or VB that will give me the following information. I need to have find out if the Column A has the same number in column B to give me the highest Rank number (Column C) first and if the same number is selected in column A again, I need to give me the second ranking and so forth. For example, number 6 appears in column A multiple times. I need it go give me the highest ranking and then the second highest ranking and so forth. Any help would be great.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: randon number (2003)

Please excuse me, I don't understand your description. Could you explain what exactly you want the result to be?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I need a formula that looks a column A and column B and uses the highest rank number in column C for the first number. Column C reflects Column B ranking. For example, if you look at the number 8 in column A you will see 2 times. In column B, 8 appears 4 times. I need a formula or macro that once it finds the first 8 it will give me the highest rank and then when it finds 8 again it gives me the second highest rank. In this case the first 8 ranking is 1 and second highest is 2. I hope this makes sense.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm sorry, I don't get it. Perhaps someone else can help.

Thanks

I am also confused.

If we have the numbers you have in A and B and C, what numbers do you want to see in each row of D? What is the logic for figuiring each one out?

For example, what should the value in D3 be? How is it determined? What about D4, D5, etc?

Steve