New Lounger

word default mail (vista, word 2007)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by jscher2000 on 29-Mar-07 22:22. Edited for tone.)</P>I'm having trouble sending e-mail through Micrrosoft Word 2007: I can't. Every time I try to do it, i get an error msg saying that either there is no default mail client or the current mail doesn't recognize something or other. It then says please make Microsoft Outlook your default mail client. But when I go to ms outlook, it says it is my default e-mail client.

Can anyone help!!!!

Plutonium Lounger

Re: word default mail (vista, word 2007)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Select Tools | Internet Options... in Internet Explorer.
    Activate the PRograms tab.
    Make sure that Outlook is set as the E-mail program.

Silicon Valley, USA

Re: word default mail (vista, word 2007)

I have Windows XP and IE6, so your options might be different.

First place to check for your default mail client is in IE's options dialog, Programs tab. Does it list Outlook? If not, close Outlook and make sure the Programs tab lists Outlook. If it already does, try changing it to Windows Mail (then OK out), then change it back. This will/should update the Registry. If you do not have permissions to update the Registry, then that could be a problem.

In Word, are you using the Office menu, Send, Email? Is Outlook already running? (Trying to rule out any problems with the way Outlook launches.)