Thanks

Trusted Site (I.E 7 Pro)

I've been going to ask thisquestion for some time now. when searching AKA surfing web, I will get a pop up showing me the current site, and the trusted site. For example Microsoft.com and Search. microsoft.com. If I click on yes, of course the sites load and I will go ahead and go to tools then click on Add to trusted sites. All to often though the site is all ready in my trusted list but I get that question anyway. So I will write the url down and add it. Is there away other than lowering my security settings to enter in this information rathr than writing it down and then entering it? OR is there a way to add all of Microsoft?
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks

Re: Trusted Site (I.E 7 Pro)

In versions 5-6, you could entire the a wildcard in the leftmost portion of the domain (<code>*.microsoft.com</code>) to trust all microsoft.com hosts. Not sure whether IE7 allows/recognizes that.

Thanks

Thanks will give that a try
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Why do you need to do this at all? I use IE7 on all XP & Vista machines and have no trusted sites but get no such prompts. Have you used a custom security level?

Joe
    Joe

Thanks

I think the poster is referring to a feature that first appeared in the XP SP2 version of IE6: in some situations, if site #1 navigates to site #2 and site #2 is in the Trusted Zone, IE displays a dialog asking for confirmation that it's okay for site #1 to do that.

Improvements in Windows XP SP2: How Internet Explorer is safer under the hood in XP SP2 @ Zone Elevation Blocks