2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Inconsistent Connection Time Out to website

Hi,

I have WS2003, fully patched and running IIS 6.0. We have only one website running on this server and that is it's core function. At work I have the website marked as a home page, and every day when I open my browser at work, the connection to the home page times out. Then after about 5 minutes if I try again the site connects and things appear to be okay. But then, later during the day, the same series of events tends to re-occur.

We didn't have this problem until we had to do a scratch re-load of the OS due to an error with acpitabl.dat (about a month ago).

Anyone with any clues as to what could be causing this type of behavior? This morning I re-seated all memory and cards, and even changed the cable running from the router to the pc. The tcp connection is a static ip address, and hardcoded to use 100 full duplex.

Thanks, Jer

PS - this behavior also persists even when attempting access the website from home and also from my wife's office too.

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inconsistent Connection Time Out to website

Hi Jerry

1) Does the Event Log come up with any clues to errors or showing the Web Services stopping.
    2) Have you got Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 Resource Kit Tools
    3) Are you Service packed?

These are my starters for 10
    Jerry

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inconsistent Connection Time Out to website

Event log doesn't offer any clues.

I don't have the Resource kit - I'm not sure what it would offer me since I think the problem is a website configuration issue. I'm also not sure how to utilize the resource kit.

I haven't service packed yet as the service pack just became available. I will install that now and also download the resource kit.

Thanks for responding.

Jerry