Lounger
    Thanks

Cannot connect to Exchange after reinstalling (2003 with BCM)

My trial of Office 2007 expired, so I deleted it and re-installed Office 2003. When I tried to run Outlook, it failed on "Migrating accounts", saying It couldn't access my Outlook.ost file (it was in fact in the right spot and had all the correct permissions). So, in the Mail control panel, I tried to modify the Exchange account. Similar problem. So, I deleted the Exchange account, and tried to create a new one. After typing in the user name and saying to check name, it came back with an Outlook error message which says: "There was an error locating one of the items to complete this operation. It might have been deleted." So, I am now stuck, unable to access Exchange.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Cannot connect to Exchange after reinstalling (2003 with BCM)

I finally solved the problem myself. I uninstalled all of MS Office with BCM, first from the control panel, and then a second time using the CD. I then re-installed from the CD's, without going to Windows Update. (I think my problem likely was due to the fact that I installed from a CD first, went to update, and then used the other service pack CD's -- wring order!).

It works now, several hours later.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Cannot connect to Exchange after reinstalling (2003 with BCM)

Thanks for posting the solution - could be useful to others in the same situation.