New Lounger
    Thanks

Email Attachment (2003 SP2)

I have a database that creates over 500 excel spreadsheets with the file name different for each one. Each one will have a different district number and today's date in the file name. Example (SM_PAYMODELER_DIST029_04032007.xls). I have this code written to send each of the files out as an attachment, but something is not formatted correctly because I keep getting the error that the file cannot be found. This is the code:

myattachments.Add "NCMAINUSERSCOMMON_HRHRISPAY MODELERSM_PAYMODELER_DIST" & strDist & "_" & Format(Now(), "MMDDYYYY") & ".xls", olByValue, 1, "Store Manager Pay Modeler"

I know the path is correct because when I change the code to add the actual file name itself (SM_PAYMODELER_DIST029_04032007.xls) it runs correctly. I just need it to pick up the files with that format. So something is wrong with the way I'm formatting the file name.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Email Attachment (2003 SP2)

Try this:

Dim strAttachment As String
    strAttachment = "NCMAINUSERSCOMMON_HRHRISPAY MODELERSM_PAYMODELER_DIST" & strDist & "_" & Format(Now(), "MMDDYYYY") & ".xls"
    msgbox strAttachment
    myattachments.Add strAttachment, olByValue, 1, "Store Manager Pay Modeler"

This will display the generated path and filename in a message box before trying to attach it. Check carefully that the path and filename is as intended.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Email Attachment (2003 SP2)

Thanks! I was able to pin point the problem and correct it :-)