3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cannot uninstall (2003)

I recently installed Office 2007 on two computers, a desktop and a laptop. I chose to keep Office 2003 with Office 2007. I received a message on both computers saying that 2 versions of Outlook cannot co-exist on the same computer. Outlook 2003 was automatically uninstalled on the laptop. This did not happen on the desktop. The program will not run. I attempted to uninstall Outlook 2003 from the Control Panel. I received the following error message: "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can use it."

I do have the installation cd for Office 2003. Is there anything I can do?

Thank you very much.

Alan Silberlight

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Cannot uninstall (2003)

See <post:=639,495>post 639,495</post:>.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for responding. I already have the files in a separate folder. I clicked on the Setup file for Office. (Office PRO11) I got the same error message. There is also a file just related to Outlook. I clicked on that and it called for the key code. I entered the key code and it began to treat it as an installation.
    You spoke about directing Setup to this folder. How do I do that? Also, I noticed that in Add/Remove Programs there are ralso eferences to Office XP and Office 2000. I tried to remove them but no success.
    Is there anything else I can do?
    Thank you very much.
    Alan Silberlight

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Try to use

Office Removal Wizard

to fix your installation and remove leftovers from previous versions.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for responding. I downloaded and used the Removal Wizard. Unfortunately, it did not recognize any Office 2003 applications. It did recognize Office 2002 applications which are not even on the computer. I tried to remove them through the Wizard but they keep showing up everytime I begin the Wizard. Incidentally, when I tried to download a Word template, I received an error message saying that the computer had failed validation. One of the reasons was Publisher 2002, which is not on the machine. Another reason was OneNote 2003. But, I cannot uninstall it. Could there be something stuck in the registry? Thank you very much.
    Alan Silberlight

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by charlotte on 15-Apr-07 09:29. made link live)</P>I am replying to my own post. The solution has been found.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;290301

The above refers to the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility. When you download and use the Utility, it points to all the Microsoft and non-Microsoft programs that can be permanently removed. It worked perfectly. I did notice, however, that the listings in the Start Menu remained. It was very easy to delete them.
    Thank you to all who responded. I hope that this solution helps others.
    Alan Silberlight