Star Lounger
    Thanks

Rule only works once per session (Outlook 2003 SP2)

We have an outside service for an auto-responder e-mail set up so that when someone sends an e-mail to a specific e-mail address, it sends the requester an e-mail thanking them for their request and it sends me an e-mail letting me know someone has requested information. I have a rule that says when this e-mail arrives (is sent to a specific person and I use that specific e-mail address setup by the auto-responder) to send the requester an e-mail with an Excel spreadsheet attached. The problem is: This will work the first time from a unique e-mail address but not subsequent times within the same Outlook session. If the same person using the same e-mail address would send another e-mail to that specific address and I have not closed and reopened Outlook, the rule does not run. Outlook would have to be closed and reopened for the rule to work again for that unique address.
    Let me know if any additional information is needed to help solve this.

I would appreciate any help given.
    Thanks
    Ruth

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Rule only works once per session (Outlook 2003 SP2)

Ruth, since native Outlook doesn't run rules to attach and send files, should we assume that you are using the "Run a script" option? If so, can you provide the code (in a text attachment if it is longer than a dozen or so lines). If not how is this accomplished? Are you using a "Reply using a specific template" or "Perform a custom action" Rule?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Star Lounger
    Thanks

John, I created an email template and the Excel spreadsheet is attached to the template. I am not using any run script option. What else you got?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I believe that the "reply using a specific template " Rule option works like an Out-of-Office Rule, only once per sender, see the second section of http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/...1223851033.aspx, you'll need to use a different approach.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Doggone it! Thanks John...we'll put our thinking caps on and try to come up with another solution!

Thanks again...

Thanks

Re: Rule only works once per session (Outlook 2003

If you are running Exchange Server, you can set up a server-side rule (from Outlook) for the reply message: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm#ol2krwexs