Thanks

Displayed Size of Form (2002)

I have a pretty complex one-page form that seems to have a mind of its own about its default display size. Once it's on the screen, I can change its size, but the default size is not to my liking (it's too large). I'd like to be able to control the default displayed size, but I'm not able to figure out how to do so.

The form contains several subforms, some of which go right up to the edge of the main form as I want it to be displayed. The main form likes to display larger than this, which interferes with other things on the screen at the same time.

I've got a feeling that the key lies in some of the main form's properties. I've experimented with this a bit, but to no avail.

How can I get my main form to display in the size I want it to?
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Displayed Size of Form (2002)

If the Auto Resize property of the form is set to Yes, Access will adjust the sie of the form window when it is opened to fit the contents. This is determined by the width and height of the sections. If you have made the report wider than necessary, i.e. there is blank space in the sections to the right of the right-most controls, Access will still include that blank space in the window. So make sure there is no superfluous space to the right of the controls.

If you have a very "crowded" form, consider using a tab control to organize the controls. Using tabs, you can make the form smaller and less "busy".