Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

you do not have rights to save to the local file s (office XP SP3)

Working in Microsoft in Word, in a new document when I try to perform a Save or Save as, in teh bottom right hand screen the message is displayed "You do nt have rights to save the local file system.". We do have a document management system, however this message still is occurs when we work outside of our DMS. The Native Office Save dialog box does not appear.

Ive gone into the registry, There was an initial conflict of reg keys
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftOffice10.0WordS ecurity
    HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOffice10.0WordSe curity

Ive made the security levels so they are now displayed, however the same error occurs.

In Excel, when I perform a Save As, again the Office Native Save dialog doesnt appear.

I've posted in this Forum, but it could possible be a Windows XP Forum post - my mistake if it is.

We are running OfficeXP SP3 and WindowsXP.

any ideas?
    diana

Thanks

Re: you do not have rights to save to the local fi

Could it be a feature of a global template or add-in? Test by starting "factory fresh":

Start button, Run..., winword.exe /a

I'm not sure how to do that in Excel, but there might be a hint in another thread.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: you do not have rights to save to the local file s (office XP SP3)

The registry keys you mention determine the macro security level, not "general" security.

See Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word,197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word<!/post> and Jan Karel Pieterse's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in XL,290455>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in XL<!/post>