3 Star Lounger
    Sydney, Australia, New South Wales, Australia
    Thanks

HP Printing problem (Vista Business)

I'm printing to an HP Business Inkjet 1000. As soon as I plugged in the printer Vista found the driver and installed it.
    Plain documents print OK, but complex documents (for example, with some Word Art) don't print outline or other objects.
    HP have denied culpability, saying it's a MS problem.
    Goodness gracious.
    Has anyone else had this problem/found a solution?
    Peter

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: HP Printing problem (Vista Business)

Since you just plugged in the printer and it install the "Default Vista" driver, your support is with MS.
    But if you were to go to HP Business Inkjet 1000 Printer and download and install, then you will have the HP drivers.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks

Re: HP Printing problem (Vista Business)

Peter,

Getting the "latest" Vista driver from HP is probably your best solution.

I had a different problem with an HP printer and downloading the "latest" Vista driver from HP's web site fixed my issues. In my case I'd bought a new Vista Home Premium computer bundled with an HP PhotoSmart C3180 All-In-One printer. Of course the installation disk with the printer was not Vista compatible so I HAD to go to HP's web site for a driver. But the initial driver downloaded must have had a few problems because every time I turned on the power switch to the printer, it would automatically reinstall the drivers again duplicating the printer in my printers list. I went back to HP's web site and there was now a newer driver. I completely uninstalled all the original printer driver and associated programs and then installed the newest version and everything seems to be working fine now. I expect I'll also have to do something similiar with my older Brother laser. It's working fine except for a couple of features (manual duplex, etc.). I suspect that there are probably quite a few third party manufacturers out there who haven't caught up with Vista compatibility yet. My favourite email program is one of those I can't use yet because of Vista incompatibility.

Rod Corkum