New Lounger
    Thanks

Shared mailbox - forwarding a sent mail (Outlook 2003)

I have delegated permissions to a colleagues mailbox. Is there a way to forward a sent item from their mailbox without the forward icon then appearing against the mail in their sent items?

Thanks

Re: Shared mailbox - forwarding a sent mail (Outlo

When a message is forwarded as an attachment, its icon does not change. In the case of multiple messages, you can select them all, right-click one, and choose Forward items. For a single message, you can select it, copy it to the clipboard, then paste it into a new message.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Shared mailbox - forwarding a sent mail (Outlo

Yes, sending it as an attachment would possibly do the trick.
    It's more a moral dilemma than a techie issue really. By having delegated access to a colleagues mailbox I have inadvertently found a message of which the content could certainly get him dismissed for gross misconduct and could put the position of our company under threat in relation to renewing a contract. If I could forward it to my direct management I could lessen the impact slightly.

If I forward as an attachment from my mailbox, I could move it to a newly created folder thus remaining it hidden from my colleague. As I'm led to believe, if I've given delegate access to my inbox under Outlook 2003 and then create new folders directly bwlow inbox / sent items, I need to grant permissions after folder has been created for others to see things. If so I am ok.