New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Image name, text. not the image box (wordpad)

If anyone didnt get the post please indicate. Really need some help regarding this.

Also, I tried the word 2003, 2007 as well. But they are giving me an identical image and identical article. But i dont want that.

I just need everything basic, simplified.

Regards,

New Lounger
    Thanks

Image name, text. not the image box (wordpad)

Hi,

This question is regarding wordpad. Not the WORD 2003, 2007, etc. Please move it mod if necessary.

Question.
    I am just copying and pasting articles from websites. Some articles have small images in them. Like ace of spades in the articles will be A(small image of a spade). The small image also has the name spade. So if i copy the article in wordpad, obviously the image doesnt come. Instead, A "spades" comes up for A and (small image of a spade). This is exactly what i want.

But this morning, when i started working again, after pasting, the wordpad just shows, A "box", not even a proper image box. I dont want the box. I just want the name.

I was searching the help topics for wordpad but nothing.

I know that this is regarding formatiing etc, as when i copy and paste an article, it used to show all the article, example title, subject, contants, etc with the same font, etc. But now, if the title in the article is of a different font, it is of a different font in the wordpad as well. I DONT WANT THAT.

Also the wordpad is now showing a couple of things like in authors name, date, etc under the title as a table. Although previously it was just normal text. Also the authors name, date, etc in the real article on the website is not tabled, etc.

I tried checking/unchecking different options but nothing works.

I know this is vague but please ask me any questions.

Kind Regards,
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

The word "diamond" at the end of the first excerpt is the alt tag for the image. I don't see any reason for Wordpad to change its behavior in how it interprets images. You could experiment with different formats, as Wordpad supports plain text, RTF, and the older DOC format.

New Lounger
    Thanks

tried to change formt. No change. If i open a new wordpad etc, and try and copy paste the article, it still doesnt give the alt tag for the image like before.

Regards,

New Lounger
    Thanks

researched regarding alt tags and alt txt but there is nothing regarding wordpad. Just coding, and web development.

Is there any way in which i can "enable" it again in wordpad?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Please keep in mind that everybody participating in Woody's Lounge is a volunteer. You posted your question on a Sunday, which is usually a quiet day in the Lounge. And this one was Easter Sunday, part of a long weekend off for many people. So it's not surprising that you didn't get an immediate reply.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Hi there

Well this is strange. I was experimenting with this in Firefox and IE. If I use FireFox I only got Diamonds as the text at the end after cutting and pasting. However, if I copied from Internet Explorer 6 I got

FPRIVATE "TYPE=PICT;ALT=diamonds"

Is this what you are looking for?
    Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by DaveA on 09-Apr-07 04:27. Added URL code)</P>I have attached a wordpad example where, i have the same article. The first time, it is the way i want it to be and the second time is the way i am currently getting it as, but want to change it to first.

the actual article is here for comparison of image etc. (one in this article, diamond at the end), http://www.cardplayer.com/magazine/article/12439

please help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi mate,

i know it is wierd. But at the moment i am using firefox as well.

I guess there is no need to ie as firefox solves it.

Thx

Regards,