Thread: Emulated Drives

Thanks

Emulated Drives

I created an image of a Data CD using Roxio. All went well, and I was able to then create an Emulated "G" CD/DVD Drive. When I then re-booted the computer, the drive was there, but the image (.iso) was no where to be found. For test purposes I created 3 images. The first was Sonic Global Image, and the next was Roxio Image, The third was ISO at least the extension said it was. I am thinking that I caused a problem when after I tried and before I re-booted I deleted the wrong image, but when I checked the properties it definetly said .iso.
    Any ideas, and if you know of a good emulator software let me know. End result is I need/want to use that Data image on two computers (copied to the other computer). Unfortunetly I was unable to recover the other two images to see if that was the problem.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Emulated Drives

The image is right where you told it to save it, I have used the Roxio Emulated drive to expand most of the Beta builds that I have used in testing programs and OS's.

When you made the "ISO" file, you should have been given a file name and path pane, in which you typed in the file name. This is where you will find the ISO file if in fact it got made.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

There are many programs for this purpose, but unfortunately almost none of them are free.

For image browsing and editing (answer to your question about verifying ISO format):
    Magic ISO Maker - $29.95
    IsoBuster - $29.95

For creating virtual drives to emulate CD or DVD drive:
    <A target="_blank" HREF="http://www.farstone.com/software/virtualdrive.htm">VirtualDrive

Thanks

Thanks guys. I was bale to do what I wanted, and all was well until I rebooted my computer, then the data on the emulated drive disappeared.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

It is a Virtual Drive, so do NOT store anything there. You should be able to hit the "Load" icon and open the ISO file again. It will always close the ISO file every time you shut down the program.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks

Thanks Dave! That seemed to work.
    A Day without learning something new is like a day without sunshine.
    Thanks John