Thanks

Media Player Plugin (FF 2.0.0.3)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by PaulB on 08-Apr-07 10:54. I can play the vidio clips with IE7.)</P>I installed FF on my new Vista Ultimate system. I have the Java, Flash, Quicktime and Acrobat Reader plugins installed, but no mention there of the (MS?) Media Player plugin. If I try the Plugins site, they offer Media Player v10 and v9. As Vista comes with v11, I'm reluctant to download a previous version. Is there a v11 plugin for FF?

I've tried the BBC news site and they require the media player plugin for their video clips. The Plugin Finder Service indicates no suitable plugins were found (Unknown Plugin application/x-mplayer2). Any ideas on how to deal with this?

Cheers,
    Regards,
    PaulB

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Media Player Plugin (FF 2.0.0.3)

See the "Missing plugin" section of http://kb.mozillazine.org/Windows_Media_Player

Thanks

Thanks, Tony. I tried the solution you recommended. It resolved the problem.

Cheers,
    Regards,
    PaulB

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Microsoft's Windows Media Player team have just released a WMP plugin for Firefox running on Windows XP SP2 & Windows Vista.
    http://port25.technet.com/pages/windows-me...n-download.aspx

For a bit more info on this see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Talk:Windows_Med...gin_for_firefox

I installed this version and removed the 3 dll files I copied using the first method and new plugin works very well.

Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by PaulB on 17-Apr-07 21:32. Download link is now active...)</P>Thanks, Tony. Your first solution works well for me. Is there anything to recommend your second solution over the first? BTW, I tried to download the plugin from the MS site but the link appears to be dead.

Cheers,
    Regards,
    PaulB

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

The new plugin is specifically designed to work with WMP 11 on Windows XP SP2 & Vista. The old plugins were designed for WMP 9/10

Comments on Mozillazine indicate the new plugin also works for WMP 10 on Windows XP SP2

Thanks

Tony,

I switched to your newer solution. It works better than your first recommendation. Thanks.

Cheers,
    Regards,
    PaulB