2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Memo Fields (97 S2)

I have two memo fields that I am trying to print at the bottom of a report. My question - can you use grow with a memo field. How much space does the report save for a memo field. I am having problems if the field causes the report to go to a second page. It prints out hundreds of blank pages. I have tried to use grow and shrink, it does not work much better.
    Is there anything special I should be taking into consideration when printing out memo fields. This is driving me crazy.

Thanks
    Cathy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Memo Fields (97 S2)

Memo fields aren't treated differently than other field types; you can use a normal-height text box for them and set the Can Grow property to Yes for both the text box and of the section that contains the text box.

Check the Keep Together property of the section that contains the text boxes bound to the memo fields. If you set this to Yes, and if the memo fields are long, this may cause the section to be pushed to the next page interminably, especially if you also set the Force New Page property to Before Section.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Memo Fields (97 S2)

Thanks!!! I was not thinking about the keep together property I did have it set to yes.

You are the best.....