Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Error Messages on Boot (WinXP Pro SP2)

I am getting either of the following two error messages when I boot my computer:
    1) The instruction at "0x7c9105f8" referenced memory at "0x00000010". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate
    2) The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate
    It seems to affect the sound only (as far as I can tell).
    Any Solutions

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error Messages on Boot (WinXP Pro SP2)

Are these messages showing up during the BIOS POST period of bootup, or AFTER Windows starts to load? I think (but not sure) if it's during BIOS startup, you may have a memory stick going (gone) bad. This has never happened to me, so I freely admit I'm guessing.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

After Windows starts to load ...
    Any thoughts ? Thanks !!!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I suppose it could be a memory problem. Check this one out: Microsoft Online Crash Analysis

Have you added any new hardware or software lately that requires drivers? Something new could be causing Windows a headache...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure this is <big>not</big> a hardware problem. The addresses that give errors are not valid addresses, so the memory could never be read.

A google search for
    <code>"0x7c9105f8" referenced memory at "0x00000010"</code>
    gives quite a lot of hits. Most of these have no helpful replies, but one person says they fixed it by removing IPV6.

Can you look in the application and system event logs and see if anything is being logged there.

StuartR

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I ran MemTest earlier ... 9 passes & no errors.

Actually, I did the oppostie ... I deleted about 35 programs and hardware connected with syncing my cell phone as I am getting a new one. I had no error messages after all the deletions ( I did them 5 at a time and then rebooted each time). The problem began after I was done with that and decided to "clean up" ... that is to say I ran some cleanup tools and registery tools (although I never had this problem after running them before).

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Could you please tell me how to "look in the application and system event logs and see if anything is being logged there" and what I may be looking for ???

Thanks

Control Panel>Administrative Tools> Event Viewer
    Check each Listing of Applications and System separately.

Look for any error flags and right click them, then Properties to see an explanation of same.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

When I click properties, I have no idea what any of it means.

Thanks

If you do see an error message such as I show below, then right click on it and click properties and an explanation for the error will be shown. It's not always very clear, so you can click on the link to Microsoft and sometimes it will clarify the error.
    ( the error I show below is because I have Windows Automatic Update disabled but I am aware of this "error". )

At any rate, look there and post back if you do see any errors mentioned. A screenshot would be helpful.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have attached the Event Viewer/System Screenshot. I have no idea what any of this means. Any help appreciated !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I reinstalled the Sidebar that I had deleted. I unchecked the box so it would not start on reboot. I restarted twice and got the same error message. Any other thoughts ???

Thanks

If you google "sidebyside event ID 59" you will see many hits regarding this error message. Most seem to state it is because of a faulty or corrupt installation and a clash with a MS hotfix.

If you just UNINSTALL Sideby Side, do you still get the error message. ( don't reinstall it )

Also. as I have stated in prior posts, if you right click on the event error, then click properties, What does it say?

I would check out those google hits and see which may apply to your particular installation.
    BOB

Today it is called golf!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

<post:=644,203>post 644,203</post:> re: 644,125 from viking33

I uninstalled the SideBar through Add/Remove. Just as a note, when I had it installed it seemed to work fine. When I rebooted I still got the error message.
    I have attached the "right click" of SideBySide in the Event Viewer. I don't know what it means. Also if you click the link shown in the attachment it says "no additional information". Any more thoughts ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Two of those errors, followed by the Event 32 we can see in your event log, is a good match to this post on the Logitech forums. Do you have a Logitech web cam?

StuartR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast